Speaking to Youth about LGBTQ+ Issues
From a biblical perspective
Saturday, September 30, 2023
9:15 AM: Refreshments
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM: Seminar
Presented by Brenna Kate Simonds, Director, and the Alive in Christ ministry leadership team
A training for parents, youth leaders, educators, and pastors.
In today’s world, young people are bombarded with ideas about sexuality and gender. In school, they are encouraged to question their sexuality and choose their personal pronouns. Yet Christian parents and church leaders often feel ill-equipped to discuss these issues with their kids.
Alive in Christ wants to help! In this training, we share:
- A biblical theology of gender and sexuality
- Terminology: what LGBTQIA+ means and why it’s important
- Testimonies of those who have wrestled with these issues personally or in their family
- How kids view LGBTQ+ issues
- How to help your kids if they are struggling